Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rubrik's Revenge



i remembered my childhood memory, i feel the world could end anytime soon because the feeling of stressed incompetency to solve the puzzle. The puzzle name is Rubrik's cube and sure everybody knows it. Until now i could not solve the puzzle, because when i see the Rubrik's cube, i got stressed out.

The reason why i brought up this topic was because the trend are coming back amongst school children, they brought the puzzle everywhere they go, and i as a teacher are on alert right now monitoring whether they are paying attention during my teaching, or else i will have to confiscate it. I would not mind though if the play it during free time at school. i would like to have my hand on those puzzle toy, and i want to solve it for good this time.

The people who invented Rubrik's cube is very intelegent, putting it back together is not an easy task and imagine designing it. There are steps in how to solve the puzzle. Some say person who has a high IQ could solve it without following any steps. I wish i was in that group but the problem is i'm not.

My student Nursaidah, Mikki and Dayangku tried to solve the cube, but none of them were capable of solving it including me. Playing with the Rubrik puzzle is not a waste of time, it's more like a mind bogling, mind tinggling, mind teasing which stimulates your brain.

No comments: